The main governing body of Esquimalt United Church is the Church Board. The Board consists of four members (the Chair, the Minister, The Treasurer, and the Secretary), and a member from each of the following four teams (Ministry and Personnel, Trustees, STAMP (Space, Time, Assets, Money, Property), and STEAM (Spiritual Team). Their work and their decisions are guided by the EUC Mission, Vision and Values. Holy manners govern their meetings and other interactions. Each of the four teams has a number of members. Both the Board members and the members of the four teams will be listed at the bottom of the page.
1. Each of the four teams meets separately and regularly, to attend to its specific tasks.
2. The Church Board meets quarterly to attend to accountability, policy development, discernment and visioning.
3. Two teams are necessary as per United Church of Canada policy. These are M &P who ensure a healthy relationship exists between church staff and the congregation, and the Trustees who care for the property, insurance and investments of the congregation. Each operates as per The Manual, handbooks and guides of the National United Church of Canada.
4. STAMP (Space, Time, Assets, Money, Property) responsibilities include the day to day running of the church in matters associated with building, grounds, memorial garden, fundraising, stewardship, finances and user groups/tenants. The Treasurer is a member of the Temporal Team.
5. STEAM (Spiritual TEAM) responsibilities include overseeing the spiritual life and work of the congregation in areas such as worship, music, faith formation of children and adults, congregational nurture, membership, communication, justice and community outreach.
6. The minister is a member of each team except M & P.
Ministry & Personnel (M & P)